of Manual Therapy & Body Conditioning
Please click on the phone icon to schedule a Free Phone Consultation
The MOVE IN MIND Workshop
with Monica Canducci
Certified Rolfer™, Movement Coach
The Move in Mind is a method based on the principles of Structural Integration and devised for achieving excellence in movement performance by taking advantage of the link between visuo-spatial imagery, proprioception, and movement planning. Its goal is to enable individuals to master gravity and to achieve high-precision movements while maintaining the ability to give movements different qualities.
The Move In Mind method has been revealed to be a powerful tool both in performing arts/sports and in rehabilitation after injuries, particularly after brain and spinal cord acquired injury.
The work is particularly suitable for Structural Integration practitioners who wants to explore movement work and “practical neuroplasticity” in order to enable their clients create new, functional movement patterns and habits, enhancing the benefits achieved through fascial work.
Date: August 2 (2-6pm), August 3-4 (all day, 9am to 6pm) (20 Hours, cert. of completion provided)
Location: 480 2nd Street, Suite 200,
San Francisco, CA 94107
Prerequisite: Previous massage or movement training
Supplies: Please comfortable yoga type clothes and something to take notes with
The Basic Training Objectives
Participants can integrate in their practice the knowledge and the techniques offered in this training. They will learn:
• To identify the individual-specific mental images promoting a superior movement performance.
• To use verbal instructions based on visuo-spatial and kinesthetic mental images to support movement learning.
• To activate proprioceptive, interoceptive and motor neural networks promoting neuroplasticity and the achievement of new skills about perception and coordination.
• To perform and lead a simple sequence of floor exercises enabling you and your clients to engage the “core” and breathing, in order to support each movement and gesture.
• To help clients create/activate new functional neural networks and movement patterns
About the Instructor:
Monica Canducci is a certified Rolfer and Rolf Movement practitioner working also in the artistic field both as a dance performer and a movement coach.
Other areas of my expertise include: Cranio-Sacral Therapy,
Hypnotherapy, Counselling, Coaching, NLP, Art, Music, Dance, Theatre, Yoga and Martial Arts.
"My passion for communication and neuroscience has brought me to explore the fascinating world of interconnections between body, thoughts, emotions and environment.
Between 2004 and 2009 I created the Move In Mind method by working with my husband, the neuropsychologist Davide Pierini. "
"Move in Mind has been achieving extraordinary results
both in movement performance and rehabilitation."